Interstim Therapy - Sacral Nerve StimulationSacral nerve stimulation is the only intervention that addresses the nerve component of urinary control. InterStim Therapy is intended for patients who have failed or could not tolerate more conservative treatments.
About Sacral Nerve StimulationMillions of patients experience bladder control problems, including urinary urge incontinence, non-obstructive urinary retention, and significant symptoms of urgency-frequency.
Medtronic offers an innovative intervention for overactive bladder and urinary retention called sacral nerve stimulation (InterStimÂ® Therapy) in patients who have failed or could not tolerate more conservative treatments. The intervention provides urinary control therapy that addresses the nerve component of bladder control problems.
- Over 55,000 patients have received sacral nerve stimulation worldwide*
- Minimally invasive test & implant procedure
- Over 11 years being FDA approved
- Proven efficacy in patients for whom more conventional therapy has been unsatisfactory
IndicationsSacral nerve stimulation (InterStimÂ® Therapy) is indicated for patients who haven't had success with urinary control medication, and who suffer from one or more of the following conditions:
- Urinary urge incontinence
- Urinary urgency-frequency
- Non-obstructive urinary retention